Our Public Speaking and Presentation skills training course will help you present with confidence in different settings and will help you understand how audiences can be engaged and enable you to develop a presentation that achieves your aims.
It is fun and effective with plenty of opportunities to practice.
Who is this course for?
This course will help you develop your public speaking and presentation skills and confidence in a safe, learning setting. You may be new to giving talks, presentations, or you may be someone who currently gives presentations but has had no formal training. This is the training for you!
Over the course you will;
- Have taken some large steps to becoming a good presenter
- Made at least 2 presentations to an audience
- Be able to control nerves and deal with common fears
- Be able to speak more confidently in front of an audience
- Know how to develop ideas for a presentation
- Know how to plan and structure a presentation and
- Have enjoyed the experience!
You’ll leave the workshop with your own personal development plan and a toolkit of techniques to turn that plan into action. You will also leave the workshop with a buzz and a great sense of achievement.
- Building group rapport
- Warm up exercises
Introduction to presenting
- Good & bad habits
- Dealing with common fears
Preparing to speak
- Dealing with nerves
- Building self confidence
- Creating a confident impression
- Carrying out the ‘essential checks’
- Presenting the ‘right’ image
- Effectively using stories and humour
Presentation Delivery Skills
- Improving your voice
- Speaking with confidence
- Using confident body language
- Using mannerisms and gestures to enhance impact
Planning the Presentation or Speech
- The key elements to good structure
- Defining your purpose
- Making a strong opening
- Selecting key points
- Closing effectively
- Developing and communicating clear messages
- Structuring the presentation
- Knowing the pros and cons of different visual aids
- Making it big, bold and brilliant!
- Effectively using PowerPoint
- Knowing your audience to develop presentations that appeal
- Building rapport
- Getting and keeping them on your side
- Working with questions
- Handling difficult people
- Understanding group dynamics
- Delivering a short presentation
- Evaluating presentations
General feedback session
- Individual evaluations by course tutor
- Personal action plans
- End of course evaluations
We will diagnose your strengths and weaknesses and help you to develop a presentation style that plays to your strengths and is right for you.
We hope you will profit from our experience as we will:
- Help provide a structured approach to your presentation
- Help you implement new ideas that will add value
- Help to overcome anxiety
- Learn how to practice with your fellow delegates
Most importantly make this a fun and interactive training programme and to give the tools and confidence to deliver presentations.